I thought I'd share this testimony of my healing miracle. I copied this from the newsletter archives of The Holy Way, the organization that held the meeting where I was healed. It's a condensed version of the full article Helen wrote back in 2004:
A MOVE OF GOD
In the cover article we communicate about the outpouring of The Holy Spirit in Bealeton at The Annual Meeting. Suffice it to say, the following testimony supports an inspiring example of what the Lord Jesus did for a precious couple from North Carolina, who came to visit as The Holy Way family gathered for Saturday night worship. After the event Helen Harman who was present with her husband Dave, submitted a graphic report about him and the unimaginable suffering they and their daughter Elizabeth have experienced since Dave was stricken with Multiple Sclerosis. This debilitating disease had robbed them of everything it seemed, and Dave just wanted to die, but God had something else in mind.
Now from Helen herself: A Miracle . . . . . . .
At the beginning of the New Year, I phoned my sister Peggy, to see if we could come up to her place in Virginia to discuss estate planning. She mentioned that she and Patrick were planning to be at Bealeton for the weekend. [Actually, they had shared with us about The Holy Way the previous summer and we had met Nazar and Isak at their home over Thanksgiving.] Then she asked me if I thought Dave would be up to coming to Bealeton. I responded with, “I think Dave would love that!” We were really starving spiritually. Upon arriving on Friday evening for the first time, Dave began to share his deep despair with Patrick and Peggy; also how difficult church services were for him. An immediate and loving response came from Pat, “Just come to The Holy Way tomorrow night and sit in the “River.”
I spent Saturday discussing business with my parents while Dave rested. At the evening service, I worried about him taking the steps and the warm temperature of the room. Well, no need to worry. We spent about and hour in worship, entering into God’s living presence. At some point, Herry and Mike walked over toward us and asked Dave if they could pray for him. Immediately, I felt almost overcome that God really was aware of our pain.
As there was continuous prayer and worship in the room, Mike shared two portions of scripture: Isaiah 33-6: The fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure, and Isaiah 35:3 Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear, your God will come.” Mike then directed Dave to turn everything over to the Lord and lay it at His feet. As Dave began to pray, you could see his whole countenance change. My entire family saw it too. The anointing was powerful and I knew at that moment, God had reached in and healed my husband’s heart, mind and spirit. As Mike and Herry turned to pray for me, the following word came forth. “You feel as if your prayers have been going up to heaven and bouncing right back down.” “Because you have been faithful, God has heard and answered your prayer.”
As the rest of my family received ministry, everyone was crying except Dave. He was laughing! He expressed to me that when the Lord delivers you from depression, you’ve finished crying, instead you are laughing! My husband who had been sent to Military Intelligence School in our early years; who was a business analyst 19 years for IBM, had become helpless due to memory loss, dizzy spells and overall weakness. He even lost the ability to write. Eventually he could no longer work and the multitude of responsibility fell on me.
In any case, after the service I had the joy of watching him take the steps to the dining/kitchen area, and he was okay!. Later I joined in on a conversation he was having with Mike. This was the longest he had spoken to anyone in seven years. At this point, Dave informed Mike that he had Multiple Sclerosis. Mike was stunned, having no idea that he was ill. Since God reached into the darkness of Dave’s heart and found him, he has suffered very little effects of the MS. What he does experience, he calls “reminders” because he never will forget where he was before the Lord touched him at The Holy Way meeting.
In all of His glory, God has given back the man He gave me 25 years ago. With Elizabeth we now have hope, and we will continue to pray asking God’s direction for the next 25 years!
Yours in Christ,
Helen Harman
No comments:
Post a Comment